Thursday, October 14, 2010

sewing machine moved

The sewing machine has been moved all ready to our new dwelling so now I do not know what to do with my empty time at night when I turn into an insomniac....design Ideas maybe.
I also just finished an other maternity top made from a Jalie pattern.The fit is pretty good - I only had to adjust the shoulders a bit and it also functions as a nursing top ( I will have to make some kind of nursing bra to go with it though), then there is a wrap top that I found here. I did change this one quite a bit ( added a hood and changed the sleeves). The fit over the bust is a little weird, at least for me - you might want to change that. And unless you are huge you really do not need 3 yards of wrap - I all ways get tangled up when I try to get dressed, and it holds up better with something underneath ( a spaghetti shirt or something, then it doesn't move around so much and come undone). But all in all I do like it. I'll put up some pics later on.
Besides that we have been caning apples, making apple rings, "redding" tomatoes, picking some rose hips to dry ( I think I cooked them a bit by accident), and some Nasturtium Pods to pickle ( they are so few I do not know if that will work). On the weekend is our moving date off the island....

No comments:

Post a Comment